Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Slow Down

Thanks for waking up early to go on our first Slow Down, friends! Indeed, we all needed a morning to spend entirely and exclusively with the Lord. For those of you unable to join us, please enjoy some pics:

[BJ, Darla, and my head]

[the infamous Monrovia Canyon Falls]


[ our company at the end of the trail
note youth stretching on the right!]


[fallen leaves, running water]

[God's beauty even in things that scare us]

The best time for me was our time on our own after the hike. I had an opportunity to sit down and speak with God, and say things that I normally wouldn't say in the mishmash and hodgepodge of the everyday. It felt good. I left feeling at peace and refreshed.
Will you be joining us on our next Slow Down? Maybe in the fall, after the back-to-school rush? Maybe by the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment