Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Little Daring

What a wonderful journey this book has been over the past few months. I don't know what your expectations were, but I think I was most surprised that the direction this book is going is upward and not inward.

I guess one way to say it is that I have found that, because of the book, I am drawing nearer to God in prayer, as opposed to trying to pull God down closer to me.

Sometimes I think of prayer as such an inward thing, but as I seek to glorify God and to lift up who He is, I have less angst about whether God is bending down to take care of every one of my needs. I know, because of how Big He is, that there is no question about His ability to speak into anything in my life at any time, and in my smallness, I can rest in that like a child rests in her dad. And in that rest, I can take a deep breath and then re-direct my eyes to Kingdom Purposes.

Anyway. That's just a little of how the book has played out in my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment